India is the fifth-highest polluted country in the world. Though we can contribute to reduce environmental pollution up to a certain extent we can actively put efforts to make our indoors clean and unpolluted by using quality air purifiers. Thanks to the rising levels of air pollution air purifiers are no longer a luxury, rather have become a necessity especially for the people living in the heavily polluted cities, near an industrial facility or those who have elderly members in their families.
Along with reducing the risks of allergies and respiratory illnesses air cleaners also aid in removing bad odour, chemicals, harmful gases, etc from the air.
We have listed below top 5 budget air purifiers available in India that you must consider:-
1. Honeywell HAC25M1201W Portable Room Air Purifier
Clean Air Delivery Rate: 250 m3/h
Room Coverage Area: Upto 323 sq. ft.
Power Consumption: 53 W
Noise Level: 46 db
- Child lock feature
- Smart filters that notify when filter change is required
- 3D air Flow technology that ensures maximum energy efficiency
- Frequent filter replacements needed
- Quite noisy
2. Philips AC1217/20 Air Purifier
Clean Air Delivery Rate: 260 m3/h
Room Coverage Area: Upto 672 sq. ft.
Power Consumption: 50 W
Noise Level: 33 db
- Long cord length
- Child lock feature
- Smart air sensor that changes the purification speed when necessary
- Indicator never changes to blue that denotes clean air
- Lesser life of pre-filter
3. Eureka Forbes AEROGUARD AP700DX
Clean Air Delivery Rate: 215 m3/h
Room Coverage Area: Upto 600 sq. ft.
Power Consumption: 43 W
Noise Level: 57 db
- Ant-bacterial filters
- Timer mode for convenience (1/2/4/8 hours)
- Wi-fi enabled (can be connected to mobile app)
- Quite costly
- Bit noisy
4. Glen 6033 Portable Room Purifier
Clean Air Delivery Rate: 230 m3/h
Room Coverage Area: Upto 350 sq. ft.
Power Consumption: 45W
Noise Level: 39-51 db
- Remote control function for easy access
- Sleep mode function
- Reasonable price
- Noisy at higher speed
5. Sharp FP-F40E Plasmacluster Air Purifier
Clean Air Delivery Rate: 303 m3/h
Room Coverage Area: Upto 355 sq. ft.
Power Consumption: 38W
Noise Level: 22-49 db
- Low running costs
- HEPA filtration that sterilizes the air of harmful substances
- No smartphone compatibility
- No particulate matter level display
Maintenance Tips for Air Purifiers:-
Just like other electric appliances air purifiers too need regular maintenance and cleaning. Here are a few tips you might find useful:-
- Ensure that the rooms are closed when you switch on the air purifier just like the case of an air conditioner.
- Ensure that there is enough space around the air conditioner to take in and release the air.
- Occasionally sanitize the carbon filter and HEPA filter out under the sun.
- Ensure that the air purifier is switched off while dusting the room to avoid the filters getting clogged.