Nothing is more frustrating than popping out acne all of a sudden. It’s quite normal among the age group of 12-24 years old. Sometimes it takes a little time to clear themselves depending on their nature and types of skin. Research clarifies, it causes mainly for blocking pores. Acnes are of many types and whiteheads and blackheads are most common. Luckily, both share almost similar treatment with their distinct properties. Let’s find out their distinctions and different remedies. Need to say, treatments may slightly vary between blackhead and whitehead, but it is that cleansers and exfoliators are always helpful.
Whiteheads VS blackheads
Whiteheads and blackheads are closely similar— except for the colour. In medical terms, both are called non-inflammatory acne for being hardly infectious. Need to say, blackheads are often confused with sebaceous filaments.
Both are clogged pores containing the exact properties such as dead skin cells, melanin, and sebum— all those want to come out of the skin. Negatively, both can turn into pimples if not treated well.
- Blackheads are usually open pore and whiteheads are closed pore.
- Blackheads are exposed to the air as it is an open pore. On the other hand, whiteheads are not exposed to the air as it is inside the closed pore.
How to get rid of blackheads?
- You need to maintain extra care if you have oily skin. Make sure you practice every possible skincare routine to reduce excess oil, dirt and dead skin.
- Use specific cleansers, specifically salicylic cleansers, to remove dirt and oil in your pores.
- Use a face mask and exfoliating scrub each week. Face mask with clay or charcoal helps to remove excess oil whereas exfoliating scrub can get rid of dead skin.
|Bonus: Carry cleansing wipes everywhere if your face gets extremely oily during the day.|
How to get rid of whiteheads?
- You can try using a pore clarifying cleanser. They contain salicylic acid that exfoliates your skin and removes oil on the surface of your face.
- Make yourself comfortable with cleansing cloths to get rid of oily skin or if you sweat a lot during the day.
- Use gentle exfoliating scrub daily to remove dead skin that can clog your pores.
|Remember: Don’t overdo exfoliating. It can damage your skin and make your breakouts worse than ever.|
- Take care of your skin as much as possible. Do not forget to wash it regularly.
- Wash your face twice a day with mild soap.
- You can try using OTC products if you have an oily face. These products have benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid to lessen excess oil.
- You can also apply oil-free makeup to prevent pores from clogging.
- Wash your makeup before going to bed.
- Avoid touching your face through your hands for it may carry infectious germs.
- Use water-based gels for your face skin and sprays for your hair. Keep your hair off from the face to avoid clogging from pores.
Blackheads and whiteheads are non-inflammatory acne. It means they can be healed by following a proper medical routine. The best advice is— get help from a dermatologist and ask for the best blackhead and whitehead treatment.