If you’re on a hunt of finding easy and tasty non-vegetarian recipes with quinoa, you’re on the right page. Here are the top 5 easy and tasty non-vegetarian recipes with quinoa for you.
In recent years, quinoa has become the top choice among health-conscious individuals. No wonder why. Quinoa is a super grain packed with a high content of fibre, protein, antioxidants, magnesium, and many more nutrients. Few key benefits of quinoa are:
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Helpful in weight loss
- Regulates cholesterol
1. Spiced quinoa chicken
- 1 ½ cup soaked quinoa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green chillies, sliced
- 1 ½ cup cooked chicken
- 80 gm spinach leaves, shredded
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds and let them pop for 5-6 seconds.
- Add chillies, onion and garam masala. Sauté until onions turn golden.
- Add quinoa, stir well and add 1 cup of water.
- Cook for 25 minutes on low flame.
- Add chicken and spinach and cook for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper & you can serve spiced Quinoa Chicken.
2. Chicken quinoa salad
- ½ cup quinoa
- 3 spring onions
- 1 ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Cook quinoa and set aside to cool.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add garlic and spring onions.
- Let them cool and whisk in sesame oil, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Take a mixing bowl & add cabbage, carrots, cooked quinoa and cooked chicken.
- Now mix everything together and Quinoa Chicken salad is prepared. And, you can refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
3. Quinoa Chicken Curry
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 400 gm chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 3 cups diced tomato
- 1 cup quinoa
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan and sauté onions until golden brown.
- Add the chicken, garlic, ginger and garam masala. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, tomatoes and quinoa. Cook for 18-20 minutes.
- When quinoa and chicken are cooked, you can serve the Quinoa Chicken Curry with boiled rice.
4. Quinoa Chicken Soup
- Shredded chicken
- Chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3rd cup quinoa
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf, onion, garlic and celery and, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and quinoa and bring it to a boil.
- Turn the heat low for around 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly remove the bay leaf and serve the Quinoa Chicken soup.
5. Quinoa Egg bites
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup soaked quinoa
- Green chillies
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shedder cheese
- 1 head broccoli, small florets
- Preheat the oven set to 350.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add onion, broccoli, chillies and soaked quinoa.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything well.
- Grease the muffin tina and put the mixture into them. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the bites to serve hot.