Oats are literally called as superfoods because they are full of high fibre, minerals and vitamins and are so nutrient-rich and also because they contain 100% whole grain processing and considered perfect for a healthy breakfast meal.
Nowadays, a lot of people are switching to consuming oats in the morning because they help you feel full for a longer amount of time so you won’t get hungry easily and of course due to its other health benefits as well, such as they help you in weight loss, digestion and million other things. So if you’re thinking of adding oats to your meal here are some healthy and easy vegetarian oats recipes that you can try to make your oats tastier.
1. Oats protein smoothie
Smoothies are very popular for breakfast, and if made right especially after adding oats in it can literally change the game for you. Have a look at the ingredients and the steps down below.
What all you need!!
In a blender, put all the ingredients and blend it all out nice and smooth as long as you get the preferred consistency. And that’s it your oats smoothie is all ready, it’s that simple.
Honestly, you can make your version of it by adding/removing ingredients and adding your preferred choice of fruits, nuts or milk. So experiment yourself and start your day with this wholesome smoothie.
2. Oats pancakes
Last but not the least, if you’ve a sweet tooth but do not want to indulge yourself in too unhealthy sweets, you can satisfy this craving by making healthy oats pancakes and not feel guilty about having sweet at the same time, because it’s made of 100% oat flour. So have a look at the ingredients and the steps yourself.
- In a blender, blend your oats as finely as you can into a fine powder.
- Take the powder in a mixing bowl and add in 1 teaspoon of baking powder, baking soda, 2-3 tablespoons of sugar and mix it all well. (Here you can also add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to turn it into chocolate oat pancakes)
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed well, add in 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 cups of milk and start whisking the ingredients.
- Keep on adding milk and continue whisking until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat up a pan and grease it with butter nicely.
- Pour a huge spoon of pancake batter on the pan, do not spread it.
- Cook it until bubbles start to pop up.
- Once the bubbles are visible, flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- Serve the pancakes hot and drizzle honey or chocolate syrup over it to enjoy.
3. Oats granola in microwave
This is one of my absolute favorite oats recipes and I try to have it almost every morning for breakfast. Plus it just takes 2 minutes and tastes yum. Have a look at the ingredients and the steps down below.
- 3-4 tablespoons of rolled oats Buy on Amazon
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon water
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Greek yogurt
- In a microwave-safe cup, add in all the above ingredients along with chopped walnuts or almonds except for Greek yogurt.
- Mix and combine the ingredients well and hop the mug in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Take it out after a minute and combine the granola well again and put it back in the microwave again for a minute so that it gets nice golden color and that desired crunch.
- Let the granola cool down a bit and serve it with the Greek yogurt on top and your own oats granola is ready.
4. Masala oats [Indian version]
If you want to add that spicy flavor to your oats, this recipe’s for you. Masala oats is not only perfect for breakfast but you can have it for lunch or dinner as well. And I personally prefer it for dinner. Here are the ingredients and recipe for the same.
- 2 cups of rolled oats Buy on Amazon
- 1-2 chopped chilies
- 2-3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 finely chopped onion & tomato
- Chopped carrots (optional)
- Spices- cumin, mustard seeds, chili powder, turmeric powder, Garam Masala
- In a pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of oil and add the chopped garlic cloves and chillies.
- Add the finely chopped onion and cook it until it becomes translucent.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook it for a bit.
- Add all the spices and once the spices are cooked go on and add the oats to the pan.
- Combine it all well and then add 2 cups of water and salt as per taste and combine it all really well until the oats soak all the water and get nice and thick.
- Garnish your Masala oats with coriander leaves and you’re all ready serve them hot.
5. Oats Pancake [Spicy Salted Indian Version]
This is another healthy and tasty recipe, also called oats chila, that I usually prepare on Sundays when I have more time to myself and are perfect for brunches as well. Go through the ingredients and steps.
- 1 cup rolled oats Buy on Amazon
- ¼ cup besan or gram flour
- Chopped onions, tomatoes, carrots, chilies
- Cumin, turmeric
- Coriander leaves
- In a blender, add your oats and blend them out to make a slightly coarse fine powder.
- Take a bowl and add in the oats powder along with besan, ¼ tablespoon cumin and turmeric powder, chopped onions, tomatoes, carrots and chilies.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Mix all the dry ingredients well and once mixed add in water to get a thick batter like consistency.
- Heat up a pan and grease it with oil.
- Pour one huge spoon of batter on the pan and let it cook and flip to the other side.
- Make sure the edges are cooked well and cook until it gets slightly crispy.
- Your oats chila is ready to serve.
Hope these recipes will inspire you to add oats to your diet. So do try these healthy recipes and let us know in the comments down below which of the above oats recipes is your favorite too!!